There are many places in and around St John’s Wood that offer lovely relaxing beauty and pampering for tired and stressed out mums. Here are a few:
- With your own NW8-mums & Beauty Centre loyalty card, you will receive 10% off treatments at The VIP Club Beauty Club on Allitsen Road. To receive your own FREE card, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 10 % off at Gary Ingham Aveda Salon & Spa on St John’s Wood High Street. Great massages, mani and pedis, haircuts, colours, friendly staff and just a lovely salon with a strong sense of local community.
- Pepper Stewart is a beautician, nutritionist and Pilates teacher and has her own clinic in Harley street. Please contact this wonderful woman if you want help with anything nutritional to pilates. She usually has an offer for us. email@example.com
- 10% off treatments at Courtenay Day Spa at Courtenays Chemist on St John’s Wood High Street. Mention NW8-mums. This offer is not valid together with other offers. 020 7722 670. – Please note the spa is currently closed (autumn 2016). I will let you know when it re-opens.
- In Maida Vale/Little Venice and also in Marylebone is Nail Spa. I like their manis and pedis.
Beauty Products – Intelligent Nutrients (IN)
I have just discovered these products by the creator of Aveda called Intelligent Nutrients (IN). The whole philosophy behind IN is that what we put on our body, goes into our body and therefore we should be able to eat it. My hairdresser introduced me to them and I am a convert! (I think I have tried most IN products now.) They are slowly coming into the UK, so not easily available in the shops. Apart from purchasing the productc through their website, there is a lovely little boutique just off Marylebone High Street called Content and you can find their products there as well as many other amazing things.
I have my hair coloured in the comfort of my own home with the amazing Steve Curran who has done the hair of many celebrities including Kate Moss, Sienna Miller and many more. Steve was Nicky Clarke’s Head Colourist during his ten year tenure there, and he has since worked for other top hairdressers. He currently works at a salon in Knightsbridge and spends the rest of his time colouring the hair of people at the top of their game in the comfort of their own homes. Steve’s experience and proficiencies were enhanced alongside some of the world’s top designers, leading fashion magazines and A-List Celebrities such as Vivienne Westwood, Alexander McQueen, Givenchy, Vogue, Elle, Grazia to name but a few. He is giving NW8-mums an exclusive deal (prices starting at £140 instead of £180 depending on what you need doing), so if you are looking for someone to give you a real boost, book him. Several of the NW8-mums now see Steve on a regular basis and they are super happy too. You won’t be disappointed!