- St John’s Wood Library often puts on special events for the breaks, so it is worth checking with them. When I last looked it was not very easy finding specific information, so the best thing is probably to pop in and ask.
- Many museums including The London Zoo put on special events for the half-term and summer holidays.
- Ginny and her team at Creative Movements put on lots of fun workshops for half-terms/holidays and they usually have an array of different classes from ages 2-8 years ranging from music, art, prop making and lots more. Several of my friends’ children go to their classes and holiday workshops, and rave about them. I went to a birthday party they did for a friend of mine, and I was very impressed! The closest venues to St John’s Wood are Hampstead/Primrose Hill, but they also offer classes at 3 House Club. Creative Movements also run Saturday workshops.
- My daughter has attended camps at Kingswood Camps (formerly named The Academies) several times and has loved them. She was at the Hampstead UCS venue. I was very impressed with them too; what they put on and how well organised it was. They offer both summer camps as well as half-term ones.
- During one winter half-term, my daughter did a few days with Fit for Sport at Saint Christina’s School here in St John’s Wood, and she liked it. Several of her friends came along with her and had fun. I have heard mixed reviews about this camp; the negative reviews are usually because the parents feel it is not very organised. They offer half-term and summer camps.
- A new addition to this section is Sports Day Boot Camp with Ross Linton Football Club in association with Emma Da Silva Occupational Therapy. For more information about their camps, please email or call: Ross.Linton@outlook.com or call him on 07538 531 622.
- Sunshine Playgroup offers a different kind of programme: Art and baking. This has been recommend to me by a friend of mine whose son attended in the summer, and it is situated very close to the Finchley Road Waitrose. Like the previous companies, they offer summer and half-term camps. Their classes are extremely popular, so don’t delay booking if you are interested.
- The wonderful 3 House Club (located behind the High Street on Bridgeman Street) always puts on special workshops during half-term breaks and holidays. If you are not yet a member, go and have a look, speak to the owner Anya who will happily show you around and let you know how it all works.
- The amazing Swimming Rocks runs intensive swimming during half-terms and summer breaks.
- A lovely musical time can be had with The Strings Club on one of their half-term or holiday camps. They also run classes during term time.
- Not only do they run classes during term time, but they also run amazing half-term and summer holiday courses. Rosy Thompson Academy of Dance is quite something and I highly recommend it to anyone whose child is interested in drama, dance and the like. They are based in Portland Place in Marylebone. My daughter has done several holiday camps with them. There is usually a mixture of children between the ages of 4-12 (sometimes a bit older). My day job is a professional working singer and I have been mighty impressed every time. Try it! Your child won’t regret it! My daughter also attends their weekly musical theatre and tap dancing classes and loves them!
Chelsea Young Writers runs after-school and holiday creative writing courses and workshops for children aged 7 to 12 years, led by award-winning children’s authors.With unique and inspiring outlines CYW club aims to encourage and improve children’s creative writing skills, critical perceptions and imaginative faculties as a form of expression.They have been running children’s creative writing workshops for the last 3 years – mainly in Notting Hill, Kensington & Chelsea and Fulham areas. They closely collaborate with primary schools predominantly from the private sector. Their first branch in NW London is opening in spring 2016.
- Highly acclaimed and fun Children’s science holiday camps with Mother Nature Science. Their camps are at Saint Christina’s School here in St John’s Wood and also at South Hampstead High School in Hampstead.
At e2 YOUNG ENGINEERS it is all about learning through play! We offer holiday camps and weekly classes to children ages 5-11. The children will develop their ability to analyse engineering processes and build their knowledge of various engineering principles from physics and science. They learn about this while building a motorised model out of LEGO. Each child works with their own individual Young Engineers kit. Our holiday camp runs 23-27 October 9.30 am-12:30 pm (morning session) or 9.30 am-4 pm (day session).
07522 602 122