If you are looking for antenatal services, please click HERE.
I AM IN THE PROCESS OF HAVING A NEW WEBSITE BUILT. I AM STILL UPDTING THIS ONE, BUT FOCUSSING ON THE NEW ONE SO YOU WILL NOTICE CHANGES LOCALLY THAT I HAVEN’T YET HAD THE CHANCE TO AMEND HERE.
PLEASE NOTE THAT DUE TO THE COVID-19 PANDEMIC MANY HOSPITALS AND GPS STILL RUN DIFFERENTLY TO BEFORE THE PANDEMIC.
There are several GP surgeries in the area. The best way to find your nearest one is to have a look at the link HERE. However finding a good GP is not always easy, so to talk to people and ask if they are happy with theirs.
Urgent Weekend GPs
If you need the GP urgently during the weekend, call 111 and they will advice you. Please click HERE for more details.
Close to St John’s Wood, there are several NHS hospitals with A&E departments. We have had to take our daughter to A&E twice and have had good experiences both at UCLH and St Mary’s Hospital. Please note they don’t have any parking.
I have heard good things about the children’s A&E at the Royal Free Hospital in Hampstead from various friends, but have no personal experience there.
With regards to private hospitals, there is a walk-in practice called Urgent Care (previously known as Casualty First) situated inside the Hospital of St John’s & St Elizabeth’s here in St John’s Wood. If you take your child, they have to be over the 12+ months. I had excellent care when taking my youngest on two occasions. The first time, it was urgent enough that he needed an ambulance to go to St Mary’s A&E and they sent for an ambulance.
The Wellington Hospital has an adult walk-in emergency clinic called Urgent Care.
Below are some links to private clinics here in St John’s Wood or close-by. There are of course many more, but these are the most well-known to me at least.
- The Wellington Hospital – It is situated in the heart of St John’s Wood.
- The Hospital of St John’s & St Elizabeth’s – If you need help, reassurance or similar, there is also the London Paediatric Unit at The Hospital of St John’s & St Elizabeth’s. They have a 24-hour phone line Mondays-Fridays where you can speak to one of their paediatric nurses. If nobody answers, just leave a message and they will call you back. Here you can have immunisations done privately too. They can be contacted on 020 7078 3831 or email@example.com
I know many people see Dr Noimark and I also know several parents who are very happy with Dr Sekri. They are both paediatricians. Dr Noimark is also an child allergy specialist. Please note this is Dr Lee Noimark and not Dr Dean Noimark.
Click HERE for a list of all the consultants at the paediatric unit.
- There is also the Japanese clinic, the Nippon Club Medical Clinic, at The Hospital of St John’s & St Elizabeth’s. Their phone number is 020 7266 1121.
- The Portland Hospital – Situated on Great Portland Street, here you can go for most things, but this is very popular with families. Several friends go there to see Dr Maalouf , Dr Douek who are paediatricians. They also have a Doc Around the Clock service.
- The Princess Grace Hospital – This is situated in Marylebone.
Should you need immunisations done privately, you can have them done at The London Paediatric Unit. Several friends have had them done at Baby Jabs and at The Portland Hospital too.
For immunisations for travelling, this can also be done at Urgent Care (previously known as Casualty First) (details above).
Measles & Meningitis
Measles and meningitis can be very dangerous for. Babies and teenagers seem particularly susceptible. Here are links to information about meningitis and measles.
- You can find a dentist through the NHS, but I have never used them. Here is how you can find someone though.
- Dr David Tissera at local dentist Aura Dental, situated moments away from St John’s Wood High Street sees children and adults.
- Another local dentist, is Dr Diana Spencer of Abbey Road Dental. She is a local resident herself and also a mother.
- Twoth Dental + Facial Aesthetics on 74 St John’s Wood High Street, founded by one of our partners and local NW8-parents, offer all things dental for children and adults alike. They also have a range of asthetics treatments available. I have taken my son there to see their American trained orthodontist Dr Neil Counihan and was very happy.
- Dr Penelope Law comes highly recommended by a very close friend. She is also an obstetrician.
- Claire Mellon is another favourite in the group.
Nicole Zubaida has helped many NW8 families over the years and the feedback I have received has been very positive. Over the years, Nicole has presented talks to us which have also been popular and well received.