Fridays: Come along from 10.30 am-12 noon in Carluccio’s on St John’s Wood High Street. We are usually at the big wooden table at the back. There are baby changing facilities in the downstairs toilet. You can come along on your own or bring your child. Whichever you prefer. Don’t despair if nobody is there at 10.30 am. Someone usually turns up.
Themed coffee mornings on Thursdays: Anya of 3 House Club and I are putting on themed talks on many Thursday mornings as part of The NW8-mums Coffee Morning Talks. To know more about what is on, please click HERE. These talks start at 9.30 am and usually run for an hour. They are charged at £10 and a hot drink is included in the price. Please note that you are very welcome to bring your child and that this is a brestfeeding friendly place! Our themed talks have interesting and varied topics. Should there be something you are particularly interested in, please send me an email on firstname.lastname@example.org and I will do my best to find an expert in that particular field.
Thursdays – when there is NO themed coffee morning: Anya of 3 House Club is doing a special offer for NW8-mums (and you don’t have to be a member of the club!) where mums can spend time in the 3 House Club downstairs cafe and soft play/toys’ area every Thursday morning between 10-12. This is a breakfast offer of £5.95 which includes a coffee/tea/fresh orange juice and croissant. This a great place to have a coffee when your children get mobile as they can enjoy the soft play and toys while you relax with your coffee.
All coffee mornings are very informal settings. Some weeks there are just a few of us and other weeks plenty. Stay for the whole time or just for a few minutes. Especially if you are new to the area, or are a new mum, everything feels easier once you know a few friendly faces. Just turn up and see who is there.
I will be at coffee mornings when I can and look forward to seeing you!
One of my lovely mums organises a weekly educational playgroup which normally takes place on a Wednesday afternoon. If you would like to join, please email me on email@example.com and I will get you in touch.
SPECIAL EVENTS’ SCHEDULE FOR SPRING 2017
- The Classic & Supercar Pageant is back again this year on Sunday 18th June at 10 am-5 pm. It is a great event and a fun day out for everyone. It takes place on Father’s Day which makes it even more special.
- Wednesday 21st June at 10 am-12 noon: NW8-mums is organising a FREE coffee morning event together with fashion designer Olivia Rubin, sleep consultant Emilie Caro and none other than Annabel Karmel. This takes place at Crocker’s Folly. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to register.
- Thursday 22nd June at 9.30-10.30 am at 3 House Club as part of our Themed Coffee morning: Join us for a FREE talk on numeracy & literacy at home, led by Sweta Ramgarhia, a local preparatory school teacher. You will learn some innovative ways to introduce your child to the world of the letters and numbers, that you can do at home to prepare him/her for school. Also, there’s going to be a demonstration of Sweta’s educational handmade game created to guide you through the process of teaching your child to read and count. Click HERE to register.
- Thursday 29th June at 9.30-10.30 am at 3 House Club as part of our Themed Coffee morning: Join us for a FREE talk on investing for the future with Derek Shiels on Altiplano Finance who will talk about what to think about when looking into life-insurance, pension plans and more. Please email me to register on email@example.com.
- Sunday 17th September at 11 am-1 pm: Paediatric First Aid Course with Norman Abbott of the London Ambulance Service. Norman and I couldn’t find an earlier date, the next one will take place in September. Please email me to register.
We have many more things in the pipeline and we get up to a fair amount of impromptu dinners and other social events, so please be in touch should you like to either be on the newsletter email list or be kept up-to-date.